PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinese Pilot Shortage
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2006, 07:08
Fareastdriver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Chinese age limits.

I'll add on to my last reply. There is no cut-off on age but the decisions are made by CAAC. In my case I had been working there for some time and the company lobbied for me to continue. Grandfather rights maybe? The chances of anybody approaching the age of 60 getting a job with a Chinese aviation company would be zero. Because of ICAO I can only fly nationally which in my job is not a problem. As a guide to the number and nationality of foreign pilots you can look into the CAAC website that gives you a list of applicants in the last six months.
You can't get the right one by typing the address as the home page is in Chinese, you wont find the right page and western computers don't have a Chinese font.
Use the Google search engine and type in pilots.caac.gov.cn. The 1st result will hopefully give you a page with blue borders and a list of contents with a counter on the left hand side. Go to the fourth block and select line 6. This will open up a long list of names of people who are already flying in China and are going through the process of obtaining their Chinese licences after passing the exams. The green names means that their overseas credentials are satisfactory and the licence is being or has been issued. The blacks are pending and the reds are those who have cocked up the paperwork. If you are lucky you may have the version of google that will translate it or you can print it and get the local takeaway to translate the countries for you. I've only ever found it the first time using google.
Don't ask me how to get a job here. I don't know, I came in a different way.