PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - To the EK chiefs reading pprune.....
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2006, 03:39
Fogrunner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ruserious
Actually I heard from a reliable source that the number was 20, what it means AFAIK, is that there is only that number of suitably qualified candidates available for interview, among the thousands of applicants waiting to get in. Ho Hum, we'll just have to drop our standards even more. Just dying to see what spin management put on that one
There are only 20 suitable applicants. The following requirements are posted on the emirates website:

A minimum of 4000 hours total flying time.
A minimum of 2000 hours multi-crew, multi-engined jet aircraft experience.
ICAO ATPL.
English language fluency (written and verbal comprehension).
Experience commensurate with age.
Type rated would be advantageous.
I have also heard Emirates prefers time in a/c over 55 tonnes. That cannot be a hard and fast requirement as they have been interviewing RJ pilots recently.
I find this hard to believe. What about all the pilots in S. America, India and the former Eastern Block countries, who are flying everything from Boeings to the Airbus.
I have been contacted twice by Emirates in the last two months to attend the selection programme. I have been on an MD11 course for the last six weeks so I have not been able to attend. I guess I am one of the 20. I still find it hard to believe that there are only 20 suitable applicants. Continental Airlines have 18000 qualified applicants on file. Their starting salary is $27000 with no benefits for six months.