PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rejected Takeoff Test A340. 3 fires one hose.
Old 24th Nov 2006, 00:47
ABX
AustralianMade

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cargo boy

Now, I really don't want to stir the pot but there are really some very amateur spotters contributing to this thread.
Truly spoken like someone who is reaching for the biggest wooden spoon they can hold.

cargo, you are right, there are many and varied spotters AND professionals on PPRuNe. For example, as a long time spotter and fresh student I rank myself low on the list of 'professionals' when it comes to a/c & flying, however I have been an active fireman (volunteer) for well over 20 years and I know that the fireys in the video did an appalling job of it.

There never was any danger of the main gear itself failing and bringing the a/c down on the head of that poor lone firefighter, if, in fact he was too close and a little ineffective, it was because his buddies back at the safety of the pumper did not give him enough pressure. The significant damage to the a/c that resulted from the fire tells the story. Put simply; the fireys failed that test.

ABX