PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Contractair And No Signed Contract
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2006, 00:16
Percival

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by The Real Slim Shady
Percival,

If you had a fixed term contract, which I am guessing as you say that you didnt sign the new contract, under English Law, the terms and conditions of that contract would have "died" at the end of the contract.

It is then up to you, if offered a new contract, as opposed to an extension, to agree new terms and conditions.

If your salary and per diems have been halved it may be that those are the new contract terms which you are at liberty to reject or accept.
The main problem is that the contract has been changed and it was a long term contract with no termination date.
The only purpose of this manoeuver was to divide the salary in order to permit the cie to save money.
The only clause about termination was 14 days to notice.

I had given my agreement for a this new salary condition by phone but the contract was entirely new about work time , base, and so and so.(when I received it at home)
I had continued to work without signing anything and one month after I received the new contract to sign but I never do it that and I had taken a new job opportunity.