PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 737NG - Trimming in the flare??
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2006, 21:39
Rainboe
Warning Toxic!
Disgusted of Tunbridge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Running late..... making a turnoff....saving time....local regulations....unserviceability. 737 brakes are effective and don't suffer heating problems. The NG has a trim system that fires off by itself, without input, especially just after take-off.

It's almost enough to put you off having visitors filming on the flight deck (now that it is forbidden anyway). If these pilots knew how that visit was raising suspicion of their operating practices, they would never allow it again (not that they should have this time). They are well trained- why not leave them to fly it as they think right?
PS I've done Autobrake 3 and Idle reverse- there are reasons. Instead of implied criticism, I think it would sound better if comments were phrased 'I don't understand why they........, could someone explain please?'

I would never allow filming up on the FD. One of my colleagues had a little girl visitor on his lap, and he allowed her to touch a switch. Another visitor photographed it and hawked it around the papers. He spent nearly 6 months about to lose his job, getting a reprieve very late. It spoilt his career end. In a way, it's better these days that visits are not allowed if such criticism can arise from them!