PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EAST MIDLANDS - 3
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2006, 17:59
en2r

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lite
This has been rumoured for a little while that Manchester Airport Group would just end up becoming Manchester Airport, it seems that MAG have done just about enough to improve the facilities for EMA for immediate expansion, though as has been mentioned before the lack of funding for a decent new terminal either implies MAG aren't a fit parent, have no long term interest in EMA or both. What interests me is who would be interested in purchasing us? BHX is majority owned by Macquarie Airports Group (who also own BRS) & Aer Rianta. This group might be interested in cementing their position in the East Midlands. The only two other companies I can think of are Peel (who are probably most interested in their DSA investment) and TBI (who have done wonders for London Luton.)
I don't think the Irish state-owned Dublin Airport Authority (who got the stake in BHX when Aer Rianta was broken up) will want to be investing in anymore foreign airports for the foreseable future. They are already financially stretched paying for the huge new terminal planned for Dublin airport, as well as paying for Cork airport's new terminal (which was part of agreement when Aer Rianta was dissolved).