PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advice for large passengers
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2006, 17:24
Juud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I mean, I don't know about you guys/gals, but there have been times, on a full night flight, with everybody sleeping and the FSB coming on, where I have failed to wake up the grumpy guy in the window seat covered in 2 blankets and his coat to check if he had his belt fastened. So it's wrong and against the SOPs, shoot me.

The fact tha Yemenia admits that sometimes they are not 100% perfect is unusual, but shows a refreshing sense of reality. As oposed to the unrealistic management prose usually found in documents written by penpushers from corporate commercial departments who in most cases apear to have only the sketchiest idea of what actually happens in an airliner cabin.

which alleviates all the concerns about inconsiderate flight attendants who embarrass passengers by noisily delivering the extender and possible unavailable extenders.
Way I read it, they are not saying that their FAs are inconsiderate. They are empathising with the fact that obese people probably fear the potential embarrassment from potentially inconsiderate FAs.

Or are you saying that fat people are immune to apprehension and FAs are never inconsiderate?

PS: at the top of a PDF document there is a button that says 'select' which you use to select text bits. A bit further to the right there's the 'double sheet of paper' icon that copies the selected text. Took me 4 years to figure that out, maybe that's why I'm an FA rather than an engineer?