PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Solentflight - Lee on Solent
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2006, 15:19
RAPA Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been following this thread for a while now and feel it is time to add my two pence worth. I have absolutely no real idea why SFL are not back in LoS. But I imagine it has something to do with other operators upset and maybe a little jealous as to how well Solent is doing. They have always done well because Andy and Karen have always put there heart into it and the instructors are dedicated professionals who work long hours for low pay. It’s a hard job requiring piloting skills, people skills, and many other skills too. Mistakes happen. They happen in the heady world of commercial aviation all the time as well. These mistakes are made by Pilots and Air Traffic Controllers and everyone else. Never believe anyone who says they haven't. I know this because it is I who "beat up the Tower at EGHI" but you will have to read my response to the MOR to know the full facts and this is not the place. And I have seen some real howlers made by Southampton Tower controllers and many others the world over, accept it because we are all human. If indeed a Saints did land after hours at LU (and has that actually been proven) then it was probably a mistake. They happen, so you would hardly call it an after hours operation.
I think there are a few jealous people around fearful that LU might get shut down because SFL are using it. Why the hell don't you all get together and discuss your concerns and iron out what’s troubling you. As for LoS, why don’t some of the loyal Solent flight customers get together and apply some pressure to the police and find out what’s going on.

And as for some of you on this thread, stop insinuating things on this thread. If you have something to say, an opinion based on fact or some actual facts then be up standing, stick your neck out and say it like it is and stop hiding behind your username.

I learned to fly at Solent Flight long before Andy had it, I worked as an Instructor for a few years working along side Andy and Karen to help make the school a success. I have since moved on to bigger things but one thing I can absolutely guarantee is that you will not find a better flying school any where on the south coast if for nothing else than for the enthusiasm shown by everyone evolved in the club, weather that be the Boss the instructors or the legions of good and loyal members.
My very best wishes and good luck to Andy and Karen and all the current instructors there.
Brooksie.