PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Netjets (Europe) Interviews - All you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 23rd Nov 2006, 13:20
CL300

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Taxi2parking
The little issues you describe may well be little, CL300, but if they are the things that matter to crews then they become important. Without crews the company will fold. If the crews have a perception that the conditions are unjust then they will leave. Obviously we can recruit cadets with 250 hours or open gateways in the former east, but the reality is that company cannot do without the experienced crews.
Your idea that this is all just a process of people finding their ideal niche within aviation is great, but again with so many aircraft arriving in the near future we cannot afford to watch good people drift in and out. However again your argument is flawed. With good terms and conditions people stay in jobs. BA lost 3 pilots last year – given that ours is fundamentally a much more fun and rewarding job there is obviously a problem with terms and conditions within our company. Given the demands of the job, more than another airline, we need experienced people and there is only one way to recruit and retain them.
Still an ostrich’s ‘Head in the Sand’ approach will always see us through ……baahhh
Well, you are talking about management problems, how to retain crew, how to make them happier and the like. Survey came out, with some proposition, December and father christmas is coming and we will see.
That a major is losing pilots, this is something; that a on demand GA charter is losing pilot this is not unusual; and do you know why ?.... 50% is ego, pilots wants BIG !!! and this is understandable when you are 30 years old, you want to taste the 744 or 777, totally OK. Those pilots you will not stop them, they are gone the day they stepped in the company. 30% is money, not enough paid or what's it. Other percentages are like no respect, bad roster, etc...a kind of Cadet scheme is in the pipe, however well... Eastern Europe, they have russian and chinese experience no ?
And again these are just my thoughts, they are not company's ones. but of course give a 12 days duty, 150K euro a year taxes paid, onshore contract and everybody flying the 7X, I think that not a lot would leave (and even I do not know after 10 years on the 7X)
Everybody has his/her reason to stay/Leave, what I do not like is the over-bitching on a company that took a pilot in and as soon as he/she is gone there is this necessity of dumping s... I hate it..

see you on the line...