PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GB Airways - Time to Captain
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2006, 11:08
Pirsig

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R3Hard,

I have plenty of faith in our union, especially since the membership percentage has increased so markedly since all these problems arose. I also don't know of a single member of flight deck not voting in favour of further action with regards this blundered Jubilee House motion.

No one expects Pprune of all places to fight our corner for us, it is however a safer outlet to state some of views felt than the company BALPA forum. Our company council seem to be doing an excellent job of progressing this matter and conveying our practically unified disagreement with what the management propose to do. (Jubilee house was a done deal when we were told about it and 'invited' to add our comments/give our approval!).

So with BALPA membership apparently now topping 90% I think we have (if we hadn't already), joined the union and are actively supporting its campaign for improved T's & C's. My ballot was ticked and off to BALPA HQ by return of post! Many of my colleagues are following this thread with interest with the general opinion that it makes for some of the most interesting reading on pprune in a very long time.

You do take an unusually close interest in the affairs of a company you don't work for.....