PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EBAY - not for the RAF!
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2006, 07:15
The Helpful Stacker

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by stickmonkeytamer
Where am I going to buy all of my essential uniform now? The supply chain should get much more efficient now that the stackers are not spending all of their time selling the stuff that got "lost in the paperwork"...
SMT
Actually a few years back the RAF Police P&SS types investigated the DAC at RAF Stafford because so much service issue clothing was going missing en-route from Bicester. The daft part was the coppers were randomly searching the cars of TSW/2MT personnel at the gate even though the DAC was 100% civvy manned at the time and there was no way service personnel could have been doing it.

I mentioned to one of them when I was stopped that perhaps it'd be better off them popping down to Penkridge market and looking for the CS employee with a side-line in 'surplus' clothing but I believe nothing came of it.

In my time in I've only known one very dodgy service stacker who has tried to profit through the system, a chap at Locking who was caught with a boot full of scrapped but serviceable surplus to requirements MT spares when civvy vehicles went over to white fleet. He had only months to do before he left the service as it was and spent them at Colchester.