PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyBe to acquire BA Connect (Crew thread - no spotters)
Old 22nd Nov 2006, 19:50
vulcanite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unlike most on this thread, I have met JF several times in my time with Jersey/British European/flybe. Credentials.....so what? I've got a cycling proficiency cetificate, and 5 'O' levels ...oh, and an ATPL. The man has taken a failing airline back from the brink, and turned it into a v. succesful regional/european operator. JF maintains the respect of his workforce, regretably and unfortunately unlike his wouldbe protoge AS.
This is an extremely great opportunity for flybe, and for anyone who joins. There will be inevitable sour grapes from some factions of the Connect pilot force, but that's life guys...sometimes you eat the bear, sometimes the bear eats you. Which would you rather: that flybe takeover in an orchestrated fashion (some will disagree) or be left to the sharks when BA cut the cord to the lifeboat. The simple fact is that you sadly do not fit into WW's perceived Futurama for BA. Flybe will not be to everyones tastes, but at least try to remember how the Rover workers at Longbridge fared. If you guys can find that 2 sectors per day, a la carte menu for lunch, and Earl Grey tea for drinks, then please do share it with me. In the meantime, like it or not, this is the here and now...get used to it.