PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Speeding ticket
Thread: Speeding ticket
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2000, 19:30
Oil Captain

Re:Speeding Tickets
California does not have a statute of limitations on traffic tickets but Florida does, which means it will eventually fade away. All who have said you will be arrested if you should encounter the Florida police again are correct. Here is a note of interest for you. If for some reason you should want to convert your flying certificates to US FAA PPL or other the ticket will be seen in the national records and can prevent you from receiving your FAA Certs. This is especially true of a DUI (Driving Under the Influence). Through the government computers every infraction os recorded and can be seen by every government agency. With my USCG license as ship's master we are allowed 3 speeding tickets and only 1 DUI before I license is revoked for a minimum of one year with a tribunal court hearing to recover the use of our licenses, and possibly up to a $5,000.00 fine. I would say the Coast Guard is much more strick than the FAA, but if for some reason the FAA should need to check on you, say for a ramp check (even without and FAA license) all flying privileges in the USA can and most probably would be revoked, unless someone has big $$$ to pay for your fine.