PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyBe to acquire BA Connect (Crew thread - no spotters)
Old 22nd Nov 2006, 17:47
bodge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I must admit that I am also surprised by the nature of the BACON pilots posts (to calrify I am one of em). It seems that there is a belief that we are entitled to something when we are not, I think that the purchase alone was great news - the alternative was pretty grim, and at least this allows us all to take stock and decide what we want to do in our own time. It also opens up many new bases, maybe not initially but in the end, and so gives us the chance to perhaps move to a more suitable base.

I appreciate that there are people with Pension concerns, but by and large this is not the issue being discussed on here. It seems that most are concerned about the seniority, I think we can expect to be tacked on the bottom and anything different to this is a bonus and as for a go in a 195 - Bob Hope!

The writing has been on the wall for a long time at Bacon, and anyone hanging on to preserve their place on the seniority was pretty naive to be honest. This is not the same as previous mergers, this is Flybe buying Bacon, the detail may suggest differently, but the reality it is.

'Proposed Sale of BA Connect to Flybe
British Airways announced today that it has reached agreement in principle to sell the regional operation of its subsidiary airline BA Connect to Flybe'. As taken from the BA connect intranet!