PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EBAY - not for the RAF!
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2006, 17:23
SirToppamHat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VecVecHookAttack

Unlikely fella.....I dont have an IGS account at work...I'm not one of the wheels.
I am assuming from your preceding post relating to the purchase of flying clothing that you fly? Presumably, then, access to a number of sites available only through the IGS would be an enhancement to FS? For example, access to the AIS Website for NOTAM and Airspace Information? It must be possible for you to make a case for access?

I think I am correct in thinking that you need to have an IGS account to communicate with civvy email addresses? If your version of the DII or whatever you currently have is as cr@p as mine at getting emails even to Service addresses (I frequently have to use the civilian version of a mil address just to get stuff to people!), then it must be possible to use this as part of your case.

Briefing GCI, looking at ATOs and ACOs, checking out the Ex/Ops plans etc, there are loads of good reasons why we should all have access to IGS accounts - most people on my Unit have it, and not just the wheels!

Make your case and see what happens!

STH