PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 4
Thread: MANCHESTER - 4
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2006, 14:00
AUTOGLIDE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FlyZB
Autoglide, the T1 baggage hall has not long been revamped and personally I think it looks pretty smart now they've brightened it up and removed the old black floor tiling. Exactly what your gripes with it are I do not know. I do agree with everything else you comment on though.

I think it's fair to say that a lot of people on here are disgruntled with MAN at the minute. But the constant moanings regarding poor management, security issues, the ageing state of Terminal 1 etc etc are getting a little boring. This thread is in danger of becoming the 'Lets slag off Manchester as much as we can' thread and whilst I agree with some - not all - of the ill comments being thrown around, it would be nice to have a bit of positive stuff on here rather than the constant MAN bashing that seems to occur on a daily basis at the moment

Absolute rubbish. Sticking your head in the sand and pretending all is OK to avoid a bit of truth is not going to help. The baggage hall may have been improved, but it is still sub standard compared with any other airport I have used in the last 3 years. I currently cannot think of another terminal with patched up carpets, where it always takes at least 30 minutes to get your bag (if you're lucky), and where you have to take some bizarre convoluted twisted route to even exit the baggage hall. If you think this baggage hall is even remotely good, I suggest you travel more. Personally as someone who does, I find it, and rest of the terminal, utter garbage. As for praising the positives, well sorry, but it's been a long time since there were any to praise. Not addressing these issues is just another way of losing customers and airlines to airports that a) actually know what they are doing, and b) give a damn.