PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates
Thread: Emirates
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2006, 10:19
cirrus17

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interview questions

I think the format of the interview questions must vary from country to country- I am from the uk, and our interview process was spread over 2 days- just waiting for reply back from dubai re.: medicals.... fingers crossed peeps!!

anyway, in the uk interviews, we had one group exercise, designed to show, as stated by Phaedra, your ability to show command of a group, yet know when to listen; to smile but also be able to put forward your ideas... it's all a balancing act in being determined but polite.
Then people were told they hadn't got through and left.
Next, another group interview, again, another exercise designed to show our communications within a group.
More people then told they had not got though- I swear, it was like being on pop idol!

Finally, a psychometric test- you can't revise for this, you can't cheat, and there are no wrong answers, it is simply designed to see what kind of person you are- chatty, quiet, a leader, good at listening..... they just want to make sure you're not nuts!!!

THEN..... everyone sent home for the day, and we had to come back on the following day for the final interview- which covered the aspects Phaedra spoke of- how would you adapt to living abroad etc- good if you can show you've lived away from home and not gone to pieces!
Why you want to work for ek- pretty obvious question again!!
and the basic interview ques of how you have dealt with an angry/stressed/emotional situ at work etc etc.
Just prepare for it as you would a normal interview.

Good luck!!
And oh- mother hen, if you're reading this- my mother has become enamoured with your posts too, and is now a huge fan of yours also! xxx