PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Netjets (Europe) Interviews - All you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 22nd Nov 2006, 09:29
CL300

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Taxi2parking
Your assertion that it’s all ‘A lot of fuss for nothing really’ demonstrates that you have little grasp of what the majority of NJ pilots think. I would bet money that the 6-5 issue was raised by every single crewmember involved in the survey – bar none.

What’s also worrying is your dismissal of the loss of so many crewmembers as a trivial matter. I’d agree that the loss expressed as an annual percentage is perhaps not unusual within the industry. However, it is not unusual if we are talking of a company that is struggling – a company that is expanding, ordering new aircraft and with a minimal time to command should be deeply concerned at this sort rate of loss of its experienced pilots.

I really hope that this December produces something positive for the crews because without the right sort of people flying our aircraft and dealing with our owners face to face we are going to be in a great deal of trouble.
Dear fellow pilot,
Of course the 6-5 issue was raised by everyone !! Why shouldn't it ? 10 years ago there was no such thing, then came the 6-5 and in another book the 18 days, when both books were merged together, management came up with a new "deed of variation". Question , how many people whom did not sign it are still in the company? ANd the other way how many whom signed it are still with the company ? At the end of the day, it does not make any difference, because you are SO focused on this little give/take that you do not see the important issues.

Second, Netjets is losing pilots, this is not good, looking to the other airlines they are losing them too, people are shifting until they find their path. Once done, happy life. If you expect too much , you will be disapointed, always !
If you do your job, back up your decisions with hard fact not rumors, then you can fight any comments or situations. this is not only at NJE it is everywhere, the dificult task is to achieve in years what other companies are doing in decades. The company is concerned about anything that can alter the delivery of the product, analyse and take actions or no actions... This is management, we are pilots, if you are not happy , speak up ! If you do not speak, you will get no answers ! Only rumors.
EVERYBODY, is waiting for December will bring, EVERYBODY, will have to make his/her choices at that stage.
You do not know who I am (I hope that everybody know that I am NOT the former hawker 400 fleet manager), and I do not know who you are. What I can say is that if you have concerns about your future and what to be part of the rebirth, try NEPA/IPA, at least you could see yourself in the mirror and say that you have tried to the best of your availabilities.

I love smeagel, a great person ( however I noticed that there is no more princess in SAM, may be a bigger castle ?). A lot of empathy , good judgment , and a REAL something against the company . So I'm sure he can understand that we have to balance his assertions AGAINST by FACTS in favour. This is fair game..
Remember , pprune is rumour network, what you read can be true, half true, wrong; but it should not be diffamatory or insulting. When people are agressive , they are usually wrong, too much bad is as bad as too much good. ( I know the quote he is gonna make out of this one )
I almost forgot, NJE shutting down tomorrow.... Let say there is as much chances as all the other airlines, talk to Sabena, Swiss, and the like, I bet you they would have love to carry on instead of expatriate themselves to the ARCTAN of our living ellipsoid...