PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - upgrade failure rates / sacked while in trainig
Old 22nd Nov 2006, 09:06
Sqwak7700

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well said Five.

I also like it here. That is why I would love to see some changes in CX, to make it even better. If I didn't like, then yes, I would leave. But I find that this place has a lot of potential to be even better than it is.

I would question anybody that doesn't criticize the training in Cathay. Besides, for a company that is so keen on handing out criticism, they sure aren't too happy to receive it. That is what I think should change. A sort of checks and balances.

Let me give you an example. We record every flight through ACMS, right? So if a checker mis-writes an ERAS comment to say "trainee configured late", or "trainee disengaged autobrakes too late", then you could look up the ACMS and make reference to it so that a harmful comment could be evaluated. This isn't necessary at other airlines because if employees were punished at their job without proof or due cause, the employees would have the right to sue.

It is a two way street. CX seems to want to make it a one way street. A lot of "This is good for you, but not quite for me" attitude. I really would like to see that change.