PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates
Thread: Emirates
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2006, 06:02
Phaedra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Questions About Questions in Interview

Hi all,
I have been through all the interviews and have been successful in securing a position with Emirates. I leave Thursday Nov.23. Anyway back to the questions. First interview was all about making sure you were tall enough, had your resume and then wait. Then you go into a room and one on one you are asked things like why emirates, what languages do you speak read write, do you consider yourself a global person, if you described yourself what would be one negative and one positive attribute about yourself that the interviewer would remember. How would you cope living away from family and friends etc... For the second interview is where you get grilled. There are several rounds of questions all in groups slowly narrowing down the numbers. They are all timed questions like do you think alchol and smoking should be banned from media and why. The group must all come to an agreeance together. You have about 15-20 minutes. Don't be too pushy, interrupt, talk over others or take charge without allowing others to share their ideas as well. Be clear and precise and never look at the recruiters. Make sure to be watching your fellow group members. Sit up straight, smile or laugh when appropiate and dress appropiately as well. Another question was what attributes would you need for staff when setting up a family friendly restaurant then put them in order of importance and explain why. For this question it is best to set up a spokesperson by nominating someone. This shows you work well in a team. Well I hope this helps and anymore questions anyone has I'll answer the best I can.