PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS - Australia
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2006, 01:18
lowerlobe
Registered User **

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As I mentioned earlier maybe this is why the company has and is wanting to get rid of as much LSL as possible.They want to make the company's financial position LOOK as good as possible with as little outstanding debt for any investor...

Tropicalchief,
I could not agree more and that is why I have been calling for the FAAA to have a publicity campaign to expose the greed which pervades the QF boardroom. If they could do this in unison with other QF unions then so much the better and maybe even the ACTU.

One of the problems though is the memory with other unions of the 1981 dispute when from memory we went back to work before some of the other QF unions that walked out supporting us.

However the FAAA reps here have argued before that it will do no good and they know how to deal with the company and so as I said before...

It also worries me just a bit that the union will come to us and say "We have some great news guys we managed to get the company down to 240 hours when they wanted 300 hours at the start as well 5000 crew in LHR and FRA and we got them down to 2000 and overtime will now be after 15 hours instead of 17 so we have had a HUGE WIN and strongly recommend that you vote for this EBA."....

The problem is that the FAAA likes to do all the talking behind closed doors and let's us know after a deal has been made and It's like being shot in the leg and feeling as though you have won because you are not dead.