PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Australia Global Search for ATCs
Old 22nd Nov 2006, 01:16
AirNoServicesAustralia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry guys, I thought the pissing contest started with ATC Groove making the comment that Joburg was way busier than Sydney. Along with Funk I found this a strange claim, and when I found it not to be the case I thought it should be corrected. I am sure with the staffing situation at ATNS the traffic in Joburg can get very busy, and so not aiming to short change the job the guys do down there, but if you are going to make a claim on here, make sure it is correct. In this case it wasn't.

Anyway you are right the traffic levels are irrelevant, and the real issue for guys applying to ASA is what are they like to work for? I have been gone almost 5 years and so I am sure lots have changes have happened in that time, so maybe not the person to ask. The 2 things that were the sealer for me leaving was firstly the constant chipping away at conditions by management, losing this small thing here and that small thing there, all for CPI salary increases. Secondly and most importantly was the fact that there was the feeling there was always someone ready to pounce and stand you down at the slightest indiscretion. I felt there was no common sense in the whole process and that some people were justifying there own existence by constantly standing down people (or worse) over things that would only be logged in the rest of the ATC world. I am sure there will be a ton of guys from all over the world (not least SA) that will go anyway and good luck to them.

Last edited by AirNoServicesAustralia; 22nd Nov 2006 at 01:31.