PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2006, 21:42
Chugalug2

Received 228 Likes on 71 Posts
Brian, only too glad to speak out for your worthy campaign. Many thanks for your kind words.

Skeleton, thank you for your courteous reply! Do we have a convert?

The more this issue is discussed, and not allowed to be forgotten, then the more people will be made aware that this affair constitutes the biggest 'stitch up' in the history of the RAF. Of the three major issues being threaded on this Forum, i.e. this one, the 'parliamentary questions' on Herc ESF thread of Nigeb, and the Nimrod crash, I personally see this one as representing the biggest scandal of them all, albeit the other two infer technical shortcomings leading to a tragic loss of life as well. At least the crews involved in the other two accidents have been rightly honoured by their service. Here alone that honour has been denied and a uniquely damning verdict of negligence substituted for it instead. This would be a bitter enough pill to swallow were it justified, but having read the opening posts of this thread, and the authoritative links on the campaign site, I for one see the Air Marshals' verdict, which overturned that of the RAF BOI, as arbitrary and bizarre. That the then Secretary of State for Defence at that time should also come to a similar conclusion should send a huge wave of doubt crashing through the corridors of the MOD. When other major institutions such as the Scottish Fatal Accident Inquiry, and the House of Lords study into the matter are at variance (to put it politely) with their Airships, there is a seeming anomaly which poses the question WHY? Why continue with this cruel and unjust fiasco? You are discredited and appear mean and malevolent. You will have to reverse this finding, and then change your procedures so that such a scandalous injustice is never allowed to happen again. Shame on you MOD! Shame on you RAF! Enough now. Let Right be Done!

Last edited by Chugalug2; 6th Dec 2006 at 23:09.