PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS - Australia
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2006, 21:13
Tropicalchief

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Management

It seems to me that a lot is being asked of the FAAA, considering the amount of criticism it receives in this forum. In the present industrial climate, and in a company that is highly unionised, a united response is required, from the pilots, engineers, flight attendants, ground staff and everyone else that is directly employed by QF.

Managements despicable attitude towards its employees, which is nothing new, has to be tackled head on by everyone involved for the reason that you all have a common enemy. Instead of pursuing separate agendas on T & C's, it should be for the removal of the present administrative regime. If the shareholders become aware of the current level of discontent within the workforce and the possibility of a massive all-out confrontation with management, a change may be affected by the people whose interests GD and the Board purports to represent and protect.

Clearly, GD and his mates don't give a damn about QF employees and it may help if their contempt for you was reciprocated in a very public way.
From my perspective, and I have been out for a few years now but I keep in touch with what is happening, if you don't fight collectively for what you have, you will be bullied, threatened and coerced in to surrendering. If there is one thing I know for sure about QF management it is that they are afraid of the truth and adverse public opinion.