PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What to do after Emirates?????
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2006, 21:08
Marbella Girl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi - I used to fly with Saudia and was based first in Jeddah and then in Bangkok, it was an amazing time and I made friends then that are still my best friends now, but I had to move back to London for family health reasons, and I really think it takes a while to settle into anything after flying - I went through 4 jobs (all travel related) in the first year. The grass is definitely not always greener on the other side - its really important to remember all the good reasons why you took the job in the first place. In any case I ended up working in real estate in Southern Spain as I just couldnt settle back into UK, and in my office by complete coincidence out of 8 people - was one ex EK, one ex Royal Jordanian, and one ex Gulf Air, so I am not alone in finding the Uk was not the place for me to settle back into. But I now really miss the airline life and the cameraderie (sure thats spelt wrong!!) and am applying to go back into flying, so always try and leave on positive terms you never know what you might feel once you taste life on the other side of the fence. Good luck with your studying - I think its a great plan, you will always have something to fall back on then.