PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - European Flight Training (EFT)
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2006, 20:39
AlphaMale

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Right you really need to print out the whole website and PDF's on their site like I did (albeit on the works printer ).

The reason I am studying for this course is due to the fact it'll give me an FAA & JAA licences including FAA / JAA Instructor ratings which will pay for themselves during the 12 months of instructing.

You study the ATPL in the US via Bristol GS - so NO need to come home. but while your revising for your exams you will also be Instructing people who are doing the FastTrack FAA PPL's. After completing the ATPL's you will instruct FAA & JAA PPL/MEP/CPL's to the masses for a small payment but gaining valuable hours.

An airline will not see you as buying your hours What you are doing is working your little A*s off to get through the door of an airline company. Example BMIbaby/EasyJet etc want 1,000 hours minimum! With 1,400+ hours and a lot of it being Multi time during night and bad weather they will probably respect you more than a guy that paid for his course (250 hours) and then spend thousands of Euros/£/$ on getting time in the air.

What you read was when airlines ask for 100 hours Jet time and a type rating. This means you need to find £20,000 for the type rating (TR) & line training but you're still lacking 100 hours on a Jet So what some people do is work for free to gain the 100+ hours or some are desperate enough to pay for this time. This will get you no respect when the Airline asks how you managed to gain the needed hours. And 'IF' you were lucky enough to get the job in the LHS the Capt in the RHS will more than likely have zero respect for you and not let you fly much ... By paying to gain flying time you are bringing down the Pilots pay (do a search) so when you get to the top you'll be getting paid 25k Euros and wonder why you paid all that money for your training?

Sorry for the long reply but remember you'll be there for 18 months and Florida isn't all that cheap ... the good thing is that you are quite far away from Miami and Orlando so the temptations are not as strong (more time to revise).

1,400+ hours and all you need to do is come back to europe and pass a IR rating ... I estimate I'll be EFT in 18 months time

Andrew
(You'll find a few APP courses in the states not just EFT)

Last edited by AlphaMale; 21st Nov 2006 at 21:49.