PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hi - newbie here
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2006, 15:45
thebeehive

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by older_wiser
what's the situation with GB at LGW ?
Do Aviance cover all ground operations there and why is that when they are a franchise of BA.
I ask because i have some friends / ex colleagues who work as cabin crew for them ?
As far as I know Aviance just do the baggage/loading and everything else is still done by BA, check in etc; I guess the Aviance contract is just cheaper than BA for the baggage/loading and from what I can see Mr Walsh isn't too bothered with franchise agreements, auxillary services such as baggage/loading and anything that isn't Terminal 5 and Heathrow

VS now do GB's maint at LGW I think too now, another nail in the coffin of the franchise and I am sure it won't be long until GB become their own airline.

Aviance took on 50 (+/-) loaders in September so presume they were to cover the increase in flights from the GB contract, funnily enough BA also took on temp ramp agents for the winter season, and they must have known then about the loss of the contract, these BA temps have subsequently been laid off before they've even got online, only done their training.