PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Movie "Aviary" - please tell me that's not true?!
Old 21st Nov 2006, 15:40
BMED LHR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello ,
the only thing true about the movie is the constant change in time zones and sometimes a very lonely job .

And not getting time to see your family , And also the standby scene is a little true . I Don't have to wait in uniform for call out flight's as I'm close to Heathrow , But there are a few Crew I know who sit at Airports in Manchester / Glasgow ect..and wait for that standby call also Service Station's is a hang out spot for crew on standby . I liked the Movie , But I love my job and the Airline industry .

It's just a light hearted movie , That you need to take with a pinch of salt .

P.s the Airline is UNITED AIRLINES , I use to work for them and the Hotel is where the Virgin Atlantic And United and the loads of Asian Airline's stay in New York . And the room service scene is so true , No money to give a tip and also U.S crew Don't drink in uniform just like UK Airlines .

And if you miss crew transport you do have to take a Cab , It's happened to me before in Tashkent lucky the purser was nice and it was the hotels fault ...Pheww!!

I watched the Movie with the Crew in theran and we all liked it ,
Saying that not much to do in theran Lol ...

Last edited by BMED LHR; 21st Nov 2006 at 16:01. Reason: Spelling