PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Netjets (Europe) Interviews - All you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 21st Nov 2006, 15:15
CL300

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by south coast
My question goes to CL300.
Do you dispute any of the points made by 'netjets', the pros and the cons?
I understand some of his points , some of the others like no recognition etc.. well, you are paid for a job. Our job as pilots is to fly from A to B, according to safety, legality and if able productivity. thanking you because you did succesfully land at an airport at minimums or did carry pax bags, refuel and all the rest; this is not what I call the extra mile, it is the standard walk.

General Aviation is a tough job, much more difficult than airlines, on this game Netjets is not a bad company, like in every company there is room from improvment, from top to bottom.
Like the training, he mentionned FSI says it all, should he know that 50% of business aircraft pilots are going to FSI the other half to Simuflite ? Does it make a difference ? no... It is just the way the game is played.
I am not going to go through all his post since this is his vision of it, depending on your experience, the time you have joined and multiple factors you can be happy (like me ) or unhappy . The bottom is , if life appears to be so difficult at NTA, wait for the new job....Can be easier, can be worse...
Like in every company, take the best out of it, and there is plenty, if you do not see it, well too bad for you.
Small fleet / big fleet in some companies the citation bravo or the hawker 400XP is the golden aircraft, the other being SE piston or at best twin turboprops, and guess what ? EVERYONE want to go to this hard working horse !!!
In other companies the golden seat is on an Airbus 340 or Boeing 747, and what the pilots are thinking when they are on their 737/320 or embraer 145 ? The same !!
I'm not going into a sterile pro/con toward Netjets or any other company, because all of them would have shortcomings and outstanding features alike. My advice ? Except if you step in a major, BA,AF,LH; NJE is a good alternative if you are looking to this type of flight, if it does not suit your aviation feelings you should leave, but please do not bitch on a company that give jobs to 660 pilots in Europe, just because you could not handle it....(the job)...Be Aware, Open minded, and flexible...and follow the books, if you do not know the books; well, how can you be legal ?