PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airline training - paying the bills.
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2006, 14:52
ATPLTrainee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wannabe1974, sorry i canīt be more positive but the outlook is bleak, iīve been working on the situation since i started on my course about 6 months ago. Fortunately for me my MP is Gerald Howarth, Shadow Defence Secretary and member of the parliamentary aviators group. When i wrote to him asking why it was my friends who had gone to uni received many more benefits then those of us undertaking a much more costly but required course to gain the necessary skills to undertake our chosen vocations he seemed very interested in the subject. Unfortunately i canīt copy his reply here because the letters in the UK and iīm in Spain until December as part of the initial flying part of my course. What i do recall is that he was very positive in making an effort to speak to the minister for education aswell as organisations such as AOPA and the CAA. Hopefully something will come as a result of this, but whether it will be in time to be of any benefit to us i canīt say.

If all else fails get an NUS card, at least you can get into the cinema for a little bit cheaper