PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Australia Global Search for ATCs
Old 21st Nov 2006, 14:01
Funk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by The ATC Groove
Just for the record, it was in no way meant as a negative comment.

. They have some 370 odd controllers for the whole country and J'burg is way busier than Sydney. Groove
eh????

I realise that you can't move in the Sydney App Cell without hitting a controller but unless you're referring to movements per controller I hazard a guess that SY would **** on Joburg for bussiness (between 6am & 11pm). I have been reliably informed that SY - ML is one of the top 10 city pairs in the world. During peak periods with both runways SY has some pretty amazing movement rates.

Getting back to the thread, not wanting to burn my bridges (but I don't think they want me back anyway!) you can have Airservices...I have had my fill of 'change management' to last a lifetime.
If you can stomach the BS, Brisneyland is the happiest place on earth to live (long as they get some rain soon). Despite what someone else said you are closer to beaches in Brisbane because you won't have to spend 2hrs+ in Sydney traffic to get to Bondi/Manly/Coogee/Cronulla to find no carparks or race home before sunset lest you get robbed and bashed if you came on the train or bus.
I did manage on my BN Area FPC pay ($130K including O/T before tax is taken out and no second income from a partner) pay off a mortage on a good size highset (sure it wont appear in 'Better Homes' but at least it is my slum!), 2 ex-wives, sent 2 kids through private (albeit Catholic) school, owned a mid size car, two motor bikes, three mountain bikes, two dogs (including vet bills!!!), went on a couple of overseas trips (sent one daughter on 2 overseas tours with her school orchestra), have a decent share portfolio, always had half a bottle of red each night, pay TV for the Super 14/Bikes, cable internet, attended university part time (AsA's expense), full private health insurance.......the piont is if anyone tells you that you can't get by on the around $100K ATCO salary in Australia (yer SY you would struggle) they are full of ****!

As far as Tower work goes, I'd give me left nut to go to Coff's.

Last edited by Funk; 21st Nov 2006 at 14:11. Reason: cause kant typpe good but