PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - European Flight Training (EFT)
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2006, 12:44
gernie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DuffyDuck
Hey Gernie,
either way, you have to do the 14 exams! Every jaapilot has to do it as it is part of the training even here in europe!
Taking the us-atpl means, that ypu have do do all the theoretical hours, do some more fliying and convert the licence. doing the jaa- atpl in a us-school iost like doing the whole thing in europe. you do not have to convert! only the last thing, the ir, canīt be done in us an has to be done over here.

I have to say, that i do not have a atpl yet, but i probably take my training in the usa as well in the future.
good luck.

I was wondering, is there anyone out there who took the jaatraining in the usa and got a job in europe?
is it harder compared to other schools to find a job? or would you say, the airlines donīt care as the training is as good as in europe?
Hey DuffyDuck and Alphamale! Thank you very much for your replies!!! Really I think now I have a much clear idea about all this!!
So, if I choose EFT (European Flight Training) to do my training, as itīs a school under JAA system, I will have to do the 14exams anyway, but will I do them in the US while doing my training with them? Or should I go back to Europe to take the exams? that is my question now?
So I got to the conclusion, that doing the training in this way (in a Jaa school in the US), I wont have to do a long convertion. I will just have to do the IR convertion, isnīt? Someone knows anything about this? How long it takes? How many exams? What really means an IR convertion? Instrument Rating? What the hell this means?

I also would like to ask, what people think about the idea of doing an APP program, like EFTīs.
EFTīs program is about 63,000$ and they guarantee you a job as flight instructor. Working like this they say that you will get up to 1470hours of fliying time, and when finishing working (max.18mounths) you will have to return to Europe for the IR convertion. Some people told me that some airlines doenst like very much this APP programs cos in fact you are buying your work. Is this true or just bull****?
I think what really matters for airlines is the experience, and how many hours do you have.
Cos this is the main point why Iīm want go to the US for my training. Cos in the US I will get a lot of fliying hours, and in Europe in any school you wont get more than 220hours. So I think, If someone does a program like this that you can get up to 1470hours and afterwards do the IR convertion, he will have many more employment options than an European student that just only have 220hours. Is not like this? What you think guys? I will really like to have more opinions about this.
Well hope you can understand again what Iīm triying to say. My english is very poor! And thank you again to everybody whos is helping me out in this post. Ciao!