PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyBe to acquire BA Connect (Crew thread - no spotters)
Old 21st Nov 2006, 12:14
fly-dj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by skianyn vannin
talking with my colleagues in the crew room yesterday, the question everyone wants answering ASAP is this. Those of us who have been Jet senior F/O's at BACON for a number of years, (earning around £38k plus), who may end up in the RHS of a Q400 for reasons of seniority want to know if we will get upgraded turbo prop F/O pay or the current flybe offering?

I can assure the flybe management that a number of us would rather flip burgers, than work for £26k.
Remember that £26k is the CURRENT year 0 basic pay for a Q400 FO. If the pay deal gets a yes vote then that will go up, but could you not join us on you existing year in rank increment in which case its going to be a lot more than £26k.

Also it has been said several times in the last 20 odd pages that what we are short of more than anything is Q400 captains, if you have the hours commands are out there & in that case you could be in line for quite a nice pay rise?

While I have yet to decide that the purchase of Bacon by Flybe is good bad or indifferent. And please lets not be confused as that’s what it is, the 15% that BA are getting in the new bigger flybe is the payment for Bacon.

I am however prepared to wait with an open mind for the facts before I rush to judgement, unlike the many individuals on both sides who are to busy making demands and crystal ball gazing. As a relatively junior Flybe FO I stand to suffer more than most if and when the seniority lists are merged, but I also recognise as do a lot of my less militant colleges, that the new bigger better Flybe could be good for everybody and that we do NEED to retain a good deal of the Bacon crews so shafting them is not the way forward.
When the Flybe management have finished their good long look a the Bacon business and developed a plan of action, discussed it with BALPA and the respective CC's they will let us know the facts and at that point I will decide if the new business and its T&C's are for me, to do otherwise is just pointless guesswork.

P.S.
I can assure the flybe management that a number of us would rather flip burgers, than work for £26k.
I think not. but if your serious then http://www.mcdonalds.co.uk/?f=y