PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Meltdown - Has it begun?
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2006, 11:44
Skeleton

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs down Meltown

Rant on

I have always maintained that since options for change we were/are in danger of becoming a third world air force.

We have the people across all ranks and trades to get us out of the mire most of the time, but there being asked to do it with equipment that is increasingly outdated and with every corner cut in the drive to save money, hence brain dead schemes such as front line farce.

Were getting a new fighter (At last) but we seem to be lacking in every other department. Not enough tankers, transport aircraft etc. The list is endless. Couple this with the British fascination of upgrade after upgrade of 30 year old designs and a budget that only allows the charter of "wogahumphdemumph" Airlines and its little wonder questions are now being asked about safety for those at the coal face. Yes being a serviceman carries a degree of danger, that degree should not,however, include the age and state of the equipment they are required to operate.

Look at the recent farce in Lebanon, get the civvies out quick was the cry from around the globe - what do we do? Send the Navy because we simply did not have the capability to carry out an airlift. That to me is shameful.

Meltdown? Not quite, but it's close.

rant off

as ever not spil chkd

Last edited by Skeleton; 21st Nov 2006 at 11:45. Reason: Cos i support the hammers