PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Military Vs Civil Aptitude (OR: My life story so far....!!!)
Old 21st Nov 2006, 09:37
NavyDropout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by airborne_artist
If matey has already failed pilot selection, and been chopped O trg, then I'm unsure how good a chance he has of making the Eng TP route.
Yeah - I dont think I'll get to qualify for this, plus I'm already 26 so nearing (or at) the age limit too, I think. I expect there is no way to do the pilot grading course (in Plymouth I think) without passing the aptitude tests, although I may be wrong - anyone know better?
Originally Posted by airborne_artist
His best option might be to take the cheap rates at service flying clubs and hour build while serving.
This is probably one of the more likely options I'll take - my fiancee is trying to convince me this would be the best route (in terms of job secuirty, etc).

Just how long would it take to do an intergrated course flying at weekends and trying to do the exams around work? And is it possible to study 'at home' for the CPL exams, or do you actuall have to be taught at a flying school? I'm just brainstorming ideas right now - it may cost more in the long run, but I would be working whilst doing it... although I may have age against me at the end of it... any thoughts?
Cheers, ND