PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Etihad Employment - threads merged - all you need to know
Old 21st Nov 2006, 05:14
desertwarrior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hope by now that pilots considering joining Etihad will have built up a better picture about working for the Company, and living in Abu Dhabi, having read through the previous posts on this forum. From my perspective, the airline has enormous potential, and continues to realize that potential daily, note the 37th destination announced recently in just 3 years. Working conditions and renumeration have improved steadily, yes with minor hiccups, but we're moving in the right direction, and are currently under review again for an increase. The issue with housing, as was mentioned earlier, is a continuing issue, but new joiners are getting housing within a reasonable time of joining, and those of us here are steadily moving into company provided apartments. Yes, apartments, don't come here expecting villas unless you're willing to shell out some extra Dirhams, which by the way is your perogative, they are available, but people, what exactly is the problem with that, as far as I know people, including pilots, are known to live in apartments and condos in North America and Europe, except that most of the time they're paying out of their own pockets for that privilege in those places, here we don't. As far as bringing kids here goes, there is lots to do here, scuba diving, skiing both water and snow, ice skating, sailing, fishing, karting, dune bashing, camping to name a few, my kids have not yet had to resort to riding elevators for entertainment. Some of our esteemed collegues need to grow up and stop whinging about pajamas and pot noodles, and see the big picture. And here's the disclaimer, I'm not management, just a line pilot who's happy as hell to be living and working here. Ma Salama