PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Etihad Employment - threads merged - all you need to know
Old 21st Nov 2006, 03:59
semper fi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Never ending housing issue..........

Guys, you know what? Before you go jumping off a bridge and find out your bungee isn't tied to your tongue, why don't you ask yourselve's, do I live in a villa where I come from with a swimmig pool and maid and a driver?

I mean really, people who go to EK "mostly" get what is promised to them as far as housing is concerned, the airline has existed for more than 2 decades and there is a good supply of housing in the Dubai area.

Abu Dhabi on the other hand has been slow to get on the real estate band wagon and prices are generally steeper in the capital. This accomodation problem is not unique to EY, other companies also suffer the same predicament. I know many proffesionals who are still waiting for decent housing also.

So before you even think about making the "move" ask yourself?

1. Did I do my homework and reseach enough about the country I plan to live in?
2. Do I live in a villa back home complete with all the bells and whistles I think I should have?

3. Is coming to this company or any other company worth making the move for my pleasure or to invest time and effort into building this company up to the level you think it can achieve?

It's all about realistic goals and expectations, you know there is a housing problem at this point so going there and bitching about it really doesn't do anything for anyone.

Stay home in your 5 bedroom airconditioned villas complete with maid and driver and two car garage. Otherwise come out here with an open mind and expect some hassle till you settle down.