PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - European Flight Training (EFT)
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2006, 03:18
gernie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by pipergirl
weel, you can do your training in the US under the JAA system no problem (obviously apart from the JAR IR)..but if you do the FAA way and convert, you will have to eventually do the 14 ATPL exams...afarid there is no way of getting out of that..

Sure, if you eventually want a JAA Frozen ATPL, sure you'll have to do the exams either way

Afraid I can't comment on phase four of the course as I haven't done the APP course...
Well first of all, thank you very much for all your replies. So pipergirl you mean that if I do the APP with EFT, I wont have to do the 14exams, cos EFT is under the JAA system? I´m sorry but I have no idea about a conversion process is. So I supposse that there are two different ways,? First and the hardest is getting the FAA license and then convert to JAA doing all the 14 exams, and second way and easier is going to a school who is under the JAA system, and when finish the training go back to Europe to do an easier convertion (IR convertion) to get the JAA license? Is it something like this? Or I´m completely lost?
Im just very afraid about choosing the wrong school and then have to do a long, expensive and hard convertion. Many of my friends warned me about this. I think they were talking about the first way of conversion cos they mentioned something about 14 exams as well, and that is crazy to do it!
I hope you can understand what Im triying to say, I know my english is not very good. I will be very glad if you can answer me this BIG QUESTION.