PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GB Airways - Time to Captain
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2006, 00:37
qualitycontrol

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Will only make two points with reference to Maz's posts, it would appear that my peers are more than up to the task of communicating the main other points to the masses..........

Firstly with regards to Beehive overcrowding - there has never been a problem, outwith Monday to Friday 9-5 report times, finding a space to leave your car - the Beehive parking is far "closer" to the a/c than any of the BAA alternatives, worst case from parking your car you will be at the a/c STD-30, even with early morning crowding at Queens Gate - will be far more difficult to get an entire crew to 113 at 0500 from JH..........

I agree it would be quite frankly ludicrous to put "Commercial and Financial People" in Jubilee house - but only because the positions that they fill can be fulfilled in any location whatsoever, be it downtown Crawley or Istanbul. If JH is the cheapest real estate that the company can find in the area then I suggest each and every reader buys property in either Crawley or Horley.

Secondly, this "promised land" of BA buying us out and amalgamating us into their seniority system is complete and utter nonsense. A straw poll of every BA pilot on Prune just now would without a shadow of a doubt indicate that each and every BA mainline pilot will never let it happen - there’s more chance of Concorde flying again than GB Pilots being welcomed into the fold.

If Mr Walsh and his Board at BA decree that the franchise shall be rescinded sooner than the allotted time then I fear GB Airways as it stands shall last no longer than the pre-bookings that BA allow us to honour.

Just as an end note - the notion that we could "become a great independant carrier" is so reliant on so many variables - primarily BA allowing us and EJ/RYR not crushing us I feel it is not so much clutching at straws, more hoping for a miracle.

Last edited by qualitycontrol; 21st Nov 2006 at 00:52. Reason: reasoning