PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training, hours building and first job prospects in America
Old 20th Nov 2006, 23:54
Gordy

Received 50 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Decks
PS Hiya Gordy...? Hows things going...? Say Hi to Barry Lloyd for me when you see him...
Who dis?
Things going good apart from me being in CA and wife in FL.... You wanna buy a nice house in Titusville????? Anyone?????
Fire season is over---have a few prescribed burns on the horizon and working on next years contracts already.
I do speak to Barry at least twice a week --- he is currently counting Elk somewhere......Will say hi from decks???? CO maybe? send PM.

To answer the other q's on this thread, yes the mountain course is from the Concord base. It is conducted in the Sierra Nevada mountains out of Reno, or in Northern CA up by Clearlake. !0,000 is pushing it for a CBi, years ago I did have a R-22 at around 9,000 but that was on a cold day with no breakfast!!!
Generally, one does not need to take the aircraft up that high to demonstrate mountain flying techniques---there is never a need to expose oneself to the added risk. The hills just outside of Reno Stead range from 4,500 feet and up---they are a perfect training ground. Hope this answers your questions.