PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates
Thread: Emirates
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2006, 23:15
Nemo24

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WanttoFly

Hello,

We're all here to pool info together so dont worry about thinking you sound annoying!!

Not too sure that Globals & Opens differ much in format- perhaps seeing as Globals are invite only the turnout could be less, therefore granting you more time with the recruiters. I imagine group activities, the videos, questions and the waiiiittting will be the same!

Cash- as far as I am aware, we receive an allowance to tide us over for the month or so where we are learning and getting the practise. Our accomm is all provided for which is good. It really depends on how much you like spending I imagine; I am probably going to take USD$1000 but perhaps this is something that OzyOs can clarify when she posts next

References- I dont think it matters if you have not worked properly before or only had 1 job, so long as you are able to show them on the day that you are a team player, responsible and enjoy people contact.
I think a good family friend, a pastor/priest, school teacher, contact from work experience, etc should suffice. Definitely dont worry about the references yet!! Just concentrate on making an impression on your Global/Open Day.

Best of luck!