PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyBe to acquire BA Connect (Crew thread - no spotters)
Old 20th Nov 2006, 13:22
rhythm method

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Chesty Morgan
How did you think we'd crew them? Bearing in mind that the Q400 and EMB195 were ordered a long time before this merger was announced.
Yes they were ordered long before the merger was announced... and flybe have been struggling to crew the current fleet already! Now that options are being exercised, that crewing problem is going to get much worse. Jim French wants as many of the BACON pilots as he can get his hands on, you weren't exactly inundated with CVs from suitably qualified crews in recent months were you? Quite a few of our guys have been unofficially approached in the past about jumping ship (before the announcement).

I genuinely hope that 'new' Flybe is a success as a lot of friends and relations already ply their trade in your colours, and not all of our BACON crews will manage to tie up a new move before the completion of the merger.

Those who continue to spout off about being knights in shining armour coming to rescue BACON jobs, will antagonise so many that you will end up with so many disenfranchised with no feelings of loyalty that the inevitable exodus will cost flybe dear in terms of cancellations, aircraft groundings, passenger compensation payouts, and subsequent loss in passenger trust.

Step back and look at the bigger picture... there are warnings already out there!

For those that stay, good luck. It may well have suited me if I had not already leapt from the sinking ship, but I would echo the sentiment of others.. it is not a job at ANY cost!