PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Redbull Cheesedick Awards 2006
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2006, 11:12
puff

Received 29 Likes on 9 Posts
Sadly this 'cheesedick' syndrome of wearing ID badges doesn't only fill aviation circles. Although today hanging around a GA airport where no ASIC is required, it's amazing to see lots of people walking around with their prized card displayed for all to see.

But the same goes for nearly anyone else out there in other industries, ride a bus or train into the CBD and see all the people wearing their company ID badges on public transport and it makes you wonder, why? Do you want the world to know your name and the company where you work?

Even watch most FAs, as soon as the doors are shut the ASICs go away in their pockets. I've never seen a QF or DJ pilot in the shops with their full uniform on, i've seen a few sans the bars but it was only my own knowledge that set them apart from anyone else, but i've certainly seen lots of GA warriors out there wearing bars and ASICs in locations they weren't needed.

I guess at the end of the day to each their own, but I don't care if it's an ASIC or any related company ID cards being displayed outside the workplace is unnecessary and a bit dicky.