PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cargolux details requested!
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2006, 09:49
IOLAR60

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CV

Cheers RednosedReindeer, JungleLand, RayCosmic and NoRulesInLux and the rest,

Your recent posts were exactly the information i needed. Thank you for your efforts and time.

I’m just trying to build up an overall picture of life at CV and your contributions have been very helpful.

CV is doubtlessly financially a good company, expanding its operations and increasing its profit and turnover year on year. Security for its employees is better than most in this environment and more stable than pax operations.
My present company is, as well as most of its competitors, battling rising costs and the effects of the low-cost carriers. Promotion, expansion and fleet replacement are nonexistent and thinking of the future does not give one a "warm feeling in ones tummy". Having faced the threat of redundancy once I feel it would be nice to work for a company that you could feel more secure in and progress throughout my career.

Unlike you guys i don’t have experience with long haul ops (even though id call 18hr ,multi sector duty days ,consecutively ,with no crew rest area on a short haul aircraft long"ish"). I get enough days off to live life and am paid well with a good pension (although taxed too much). I work in part of the world that is good for me, But i would not like to look back in ten years time flying the same machinery on the same routes from the same seat.

One has always to be wary of the "Grass is always Greener" mentality that can fill pilots thoughts, i guess we have too much time on our hands.

Regards,
Iolar