PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS - Australia
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2006, 09:38
ozskipper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lowerlobe
Certainly ,bidding without seniority is one of the possibilities that "Carmen" is capable of and it can do it in a number of ways.
So basically Ozskipper up there in the old dart is opening the old can of worms regarding seniority again..oh well it has to come up now and again I suppose and if someone is going to tell us we get too much in the way of allowances or slip time we might as well hear this one again
Lowerlobe you have known me long enough on here to know that I don't post on here to deliberately wind things up.

The above information came from a discussion I had while in a slip port with an Australian based crew member I've flown with on numerous occasions who is seemingly very well connected. Whether there is seniority or not is completely irrelevant to me to be honest - I knew what I was getting myself in for when I joined Qantas.

Personally, I still think it's a bit unfair on junior crew when there is no possibility of our global seniority rising in the next few years, but hey it's a personal opinion and I'm just sharing what I've heard lately.