PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cargolux details requested!
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2006, 07:00
Sgnr de L'Atlantique

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guys,

thanks once more for the many answers. The reason behind my apparently detailed questions is that I am really confronted with a huge dillemma.

As you know I am currently flying in the sandpit. Most of you have been here so you know that most places are not very nice to live in to say the least. I can not imagine anyone of you requesting an OTBD layover for example...

I came here after the SN/SR drama so it has been a couple of years now. For me its rather OK to stay here because I am away anyway most of the time but he missus is starting to complain...

On the other hand I will shift to the left seat of an aircraft within 6-8 months from now, possibly on an A330. Seniority wise I am at the top of the foodchain here so I can basically do what I want but....

Anyhow, the time has come to make a desision. Stay here and become a skipper but than stay for at least 3 more years ( without any clue what will happen after that period...)or come back to europe , choose for the lifestyle and sit on the right seat for another 10 years.

I know we can all go to the likes of EZ and others but in all honesty I would rather stay here than. I did my part of flying four sector days in foul weather all across europe for some years...

So if I come back to europe I would like to enter a long haul ops like CV. I have a few options but CV ranks at the top.

I do not mind those rosters you mentioned earlier. I am used to that anyway. We stretch CAP 372 FT/DT limitations to the absolute maximum overhere and the route structure is mainly east-west flying so we are the kings of jetlag..

Cargo flying does not bother me at all, it is rather the opposite...

I would love to fly those nice 747 s after an all Airbus career untill now.

CV salary is good and future financial whoes are being taken care of ..

I am a little bit worried about the seniority system but hey, I guess thats something we all have to go through anyway.

As I said, a dilemma....

But hey, keep the info coming....all info is more than appreciated!