PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HEATHROW
Thread: HEATHROW
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2006, 20:40
backseatjock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lhr Today

Anyone know the cause of T1 departures being evacuated today circa 1330hrs?

Very efficient evacuation by police, firstly of area surrounding security entrance and latterly of whole floor, including the upstairs restaurant and coffee shop area. From my seat by the window in Costa Coffee, saw a man detained by entrance to security just after I spotted a woman who looked to be running towards terminal exit, seemingly with pushchair and child.
Remember thinking this a little odd, at the time.

Woman reported by other evacuated pax and BA check-in staff to have been seen in the back of police van with armed guard - man last seen being handcuffed.

I know this an all-too-regular occurrence and have witnessed smaller scale incidents like this before, but this one seemed a couple of extra rungs up the security ladder. I am not a news reporter, just a very regular flyer who works in the industry and whose departing girlfriend turned a whiter shade of pale!

Job well done by the police, who once again demonstrated how lucky we are in the UK as they firmly and effectively evacuated the terminal, preventing any panic, just as the Sunday afternoon biz was beginning.