PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training, hours building and first job prospects in America
Old 19th Nov 2006, 13:21
SmokinHole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wish!

I meant that when you're hours building, the hours you need to fly are mandatory. Once you have done the minimum PIC time, the rest can either be PIC or dual - but the total required hours MUST still be flown. With this is mind, if you wanted to do some more training, the 'true' cost for the dual flying is really only the actual dual cost minus the self-fly cost, since if you didn't fly dual you would HAVE to fly solo to get those hours.

If you waited until you have built your hours and then did some dual training, the true cost of the training would be its full actual cost, since there are no more hours you 'have' to fly.

May seem like a pedantic point and I know that doing more dual training when hours building just adds to an already high cost, but I still think it is worth it. Simply, as said, this will be the cheapest that the dual training will ever cost you! Plus, since you will (hopefully) be flying PIC pretty much for the rest of your career, I think it is a good idea to get as much dual training as you can before someone lets you loose on a few million quids worth of spare parts..

Cheers,