PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sky Man Stuck in Kabul
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2006, 11:14
Chugalug2

Received 228 Likes on 71 Posts
Originally Posted by nigegilb
Maybe the silent RAF "leadership" should take note of how the Army leadership is taking on the Govt,
Blair is a busted flush, light blues now is the time to press to test.
Well done Brigadier Lorimer, leading from the front.
Nige
The words 'Hell' and 'freezes' come to mind. I honestly think we will wait in vain, even in this window with the likes of Ms Harmon climbing on the band wagon, to expect anything other than craven subservience from their 'Airships'. It is so integral to RAF custom and practise to work with what it is given, good or bad, no matter what the cost in lives or material, that I doubt it will change its spots now. It could be said that Trenchard himself cast the dye in the 20's when he secured the future existence of the RAF by replacing the Army with the RAF on 'peacekeeping' duties in some far-off field in the Middle East. Where was that now, it will come to me soon! The Independent Air Force was never independent of its political masters, but of its sister services. If you want the Air Force Chief of Staff to speak out like Brigadier Lorimer, it may have to wait until he (or she) wears the same uniform as he does! A price worth paying?