PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyBe to acquire BA Connect (Crew thread - no spotters)
Old 19th Nov 2006, 10:40
BugSpeed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ultimately,

JSY's t's and c's are non-existent which is why Flybe staff are leaving and the CC's are going to have so much work on their hands.

I, for one, will be fighting tooth and nail all the way to regain whatever I can until I manage to bang out from this mess into a decent company. Nothing against the -400 and Le Grand Fromage is a good bloke but don't fancy taking a backward step. So until my 145 gets sent back I'll just fly the line and nothing more.

If people are prepared to treat their staff this badly then goodwill is going to disappear at an alarmingly quick pace. The problems that cropped up as a result of the Brymon/BRAL/Manx merger are still on going, so THIS is not going to be over quickly.

All you deluded souls at Flybe should be under no illusion about the state of play. People are not just going to accept being slung on the bottom of some seniority list etc. It may be a take-over; fair enough, s*** happens, but that should not negate a corporate responsibility for people skills. Merging lists would at least restore some sort of faith in people management. To be frank, that is just the tip of the ice berg and people will be singing off different hymn sheets for a while to come.

This attempt to stop the Flybe pilot exodous is already looking futile. Most of us have applications in with other operators already as a result of BACON mis-management. Even more CV's are out now because everyone is concious about being the last one to use the escape rope! Even our sub 1000hr guys have now got enough experience to fox oscar so they aren't really too fussed about seeing if the phoenix emerges either.

Resistance to change is a big problem in British industry and to be honest, I could never understand why as it is of vital importance for businesses to react to the ever changing demands of relative markets. Now however, I see why this is the case. Complete disregard for employee welfare. Why should people be willing to change if they are not treated correctly in the first place?

BugSpeed